New orders have just come in from the chief provincial public health officer under The Public Health Act.
- Public gatherings are limited to no more than 10 people at any indoor or outdoor place or premises
- This includes places of worship, gatherings and family events such as weddings and funerals.
- This does not apply to a facility where health care or social services are provided including child-care centres and homeless shelters.
All MG Services staff will be required to comply with these measures.
All businesses that are NOT listed in the Schedule of Essential Services that accompanies the Order must close between April 1 and April 14.
Both “Construction” and “Institutional, residential, commercial, and industrial maintenance” ARE LISTED as an essential/critical service.
What this means for MG Electrical/Mechanical Services Ltd is that we will continue to do business and operate, while following safety procedures for COVID-19.
See descriptions below from the Order Schedule:
Institutional, residential, commercial and industrial maintenance
- A business that provides support and maintenance services, including urgent repair, to maintain the safety, security, sanitation and essential operation of institutional, commercial, industrial and residential properties, and includes(a) property management services, including residential snow clearing;(b) services provided by skilled trades, such as plumbers, electricians and HVAC technicians
- A business engaged in construction work or services in the industrial, commercial, institutional and residential sectors, including demolition services and expanding, renovating, converting or repurposing existing spaces.