In an effort to keep all construction sites operational and safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Canadian Construction Association has released new protocols.
Version 1 March 26, 2020 – full document can be viewed HERE
Reducing transmission protocols (hand washing, not touching your face, not sharing tools, etc) and response measures (when to not come into work and to self-isolate) currently remain the same as our previous measures from March 26, 2020.
With specific respect to our business, some additional protocols to follow are included below:
- meetings are to be held through teleconferencing and videoconferencing
- in-person site meetings should be limited, with 6 people or less in attendance, while remaining 2m apart
- additional cleaning measures are to be implemented – All door handles, railings and personal workstation areas are wiped down twice a day with a disinfectant, such as disinfectant wipes. Individuals are responsible for cleaning their workstation area with disinfectant wipes.
- sites require additional sanitary measures: water stations, a hand washing protocol, hand sanitizer stations, provision of disinfectant wiping products.
- limit and remove internal touch point areas, as able: limited use of coffee machine/water fountain/common pens for sign-in; add hands-free models of washroom equipment; remove doors/handles where reasonable
- limit number of people working in the same area – keep different crews/trades separate to the extent possible
- only 1 person at a time in elevators, where feasible
- designate one-way staircases where practical
- do not touch items in the site trailer