MG Electrical/Mechanical Services Ltd strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in the industry. We ensure that we always hire for both skills and personality. By creating a positive culture that embraces teamwork, integrity, and honesty, we continue to engage our employees to do their best, every day.
Each of our 3 in-house departments (Electrical, Mechanical, and Technical) have a dedicated manager to ensure you always have a contact person for your job. Our solutions can be quoted separately or in a comprehensive package, making us an easy choice for projects that require plumbing, electrical, and/or technical construction . We can be your one-stop shop and help reduce your management fees.
We believe teamwork is an essential element in fostering a cooperative environment and culture. We encourage professional and personal development and growth and want our employees to succeed in their jobs and in life. Team building events, staff appreciation events, networking opportunities, and personal and professional training and courses are all available to our staff throughout the year.
- Annual summer staff appreciate BBQs and year-end parties
- Communication and Conflict Resolution courses (continuing-ed)
- Professional Development courses through the WCA: Project Management, Project Scheduling and Supervising, Excel, Code Upgrades, etc
- Staff from each department in the YCLM – events attended included Wine and Cheese parties, construction site tours, hockey games, committee meetings, etc
Sharing our knowledge and time to help others succeed is essential to the health and growth of both our company and the community. We believe it is important to stay humble and grow our emotional intelligence and empathy. We work with a diverse group of people and customers and we are always looking to better equip ourselves to serve those relationships.
- 2016 and 2018 Young Women’s Conference – mentoring and introducing high school girls to trades (Skills Canada Manitoba)
- helping conduct mock-interviews for students from First Nations Construction Preparedness programs and newcomers to Canada/recent immigrants (Manitoba Start)
- partnering with MCSC (Manitoba Construction Sector Council) to introduce the electrical field to inner city high school students
- ensuring our hiring practices are fair and equitable (new ownership hired our first female field staff members)